There are two kinds of people in this world: Cat-people, and Dog-people. I’m not saying I hate cats, but preference, lifestyle, and allergies have combined forces, cementing me firmly in my opinion that dogs rule, and cats drool…and puke in your shoes out of spite. Dogs have always been a part of my family, whereas the few cats I’ve seen come and go over the years were always more often going than coming. Ultimately, at least in my own experience, there’s a huge difference in the dynamic between dog and dog-owner, versus cat and cat-owner. I prefer the former. Why does that matter? Because this is my blog, and that's what I'll be writing about.
My name is Alyssa. I'm a student of Criminal Justice and social and behavioral studies in general. I'm fascinated by people and social interactions. I'm particularly interested in the nonverbal aspects of communication behaviors which is why interspecies dynamics, such as the one between dogs and humans, intrigues me. We're entirely different animals with completely different motivations and communication patterns, yet somehow we make it work--some better than others, of course.
So that’s what this blog is about: Dogs. Dog behavior, dog owner behavior and the eccentricities and idiosyncrasies of both. I'll be exploring what dogs have come to mean to us in today's world and how they fit into our lives. I’m not an expert. I don’t know everything, but I certainly can, and probably will make some assumptions. But this is all in fun, so if you have something to say, either in agreement or otherwise, feel free to bark at me! But please don’t bite my head off...
My name is Alyssa. I'm a student of Criminal Justice and social and behavioral studies in general. I'm fascinated by people and social interactions. I'm particularly interested in the nonverbal aspects of communication behaviors which is why interspecies dynamics, such as the one between dogs and humans, intrigues me. We're entirely different animals with completely different motivations and communication patterns, yet somehow we make it work--some better than others, of course.
So that’s what this blog is about: Dogs. Dog behavior, dog owner behavior and the eccentricities and idiosyncrasies of both. I'll be exploring what dogs have come to mean to us in today's world and how they fit into our lives. I’m not an expert. I don’t know everything, but I certainly can, and probably will make some assumptions. But this is all in fun, so if you have something to say, either in agreement or otherwise, feel free to bark at me! But please don’t bite my head off...
Cute pic
ReplyDelete